WinSCP is an open source free SFTP client and FTP client for Windows. Legacy SCP protocol is also supported. Its main function is safe copying of files between a local and a remote computer.
- Graphical user interface
- Translated into several languages
- Integration with Windows (drag&drop, URL, shortcut icons)
- U3 support
- All common operations with files
- Support for SFTP and SCP protocols over SSH-1 and SSH-2 and plain old FTP protocol
- Batch file scripting and command-line interface
- Directory synchronization in several semi or fully automatic ways
- Integrated text editor
- Support for SSH password, keyboard-interactive, public key and Kerberos (GSS) authentication
- Integrates with Pageant (PuTTY authentication agent) for full support of public key authentication with SSH
- Explorer and Commander interfaces
- Optionally stores session information
- Optionally supports portable operation using a configuration file in place of registry entries, suitable for operation from removable media
* ZIP archive with both executables is released instead of just compressed EXE. 523
* Automatically named session is renamed when hostname and/or username is modified. 532
* When reading of file to be edited fails, empty internal editor is no longer shown.
* Forcing width of message box not to exceed screen width.
* Environment variables in path to private key file are resolved before passing it to PuTTY to open the session. 524
* WinSCP name is included in balloon notifications. 533
* Timezone offset can be set up to +/-25 hours. 534
* Setup does not query OpenCandy for ads when running silent install.
* Small visual changes for Windows 7.
* Being tolerant to FTP servers enclosing path in 257 response to single quotes. 541
* SSH core upgraded to the latest development snapshot of PuTTY (2010-01-17, revision 8846). Fixing memory leak.
* SSL core upgraded to OpenSSL 0.9.8l.
* Bug fix: Bookmarks with equal sign in their name were not preserved when using INI file. 522
* Bug fix: Synchronize browsing failed, when entering local directory, while current remote path was root. 525
* Bug fix: Having higher logging level set decreased performance even when logging itself was disabled. 526
* Bug fix: Error when running ad hoc custom command. 529
* Bug fix: Tray icon was sometimes not removed when application closed.
* Bug fix: Navigation tree on Preferences dialog was corrupted sometimes. 539
* Bug fix: Memory leak while authenticating with private key.
* Bug fix: System date/time format was not followed on Windows 7. 537
* Bug fix: On some systems winscp.com did not find winscp.exe when executed from search path. 542
* Bug fix: Failure when connection was closed while Console window was opened. 544