Vuze (formerly Azureus) is a free BitTorrent client, which is used to transfer files via the BitTorrent protocol. The application is written in Java and uses the Azureus Engine.
Vuze offers multiple torrent downloads, queuing/priority systems (on torrents and files), start/stop seeding options and instant access to numerous pieces of information about your torrents.
In addition to BitTorrenting, Vuze allows you to view, publish and share original DVD and HD quality video content. You can see content through channels and categories containing TV shows, music videos, movies, video games and others.
If you publish your own original content via the Vuze platform, you are able to charge for it.
Please be advised: You must have Java installed to be able to run Vuze.
* New Features:
- Core | Monitor available JVM memory and warn user if it is running out and auto increase (Windows only)
- UI | Support opening .vuze files from URLs
- UI | Allow setting of JVM direct memory max from UI (Windows only)
- UI | Added 'protocol' column to peers view
- UI | Expanded state of Sidebar entries are now remembered
- UI | (Windows) Added Closeable Games sidebar entry
- Core | Changed the trigger for upload rate bias when unlimited upload and inactive downloads
- Core | Permit export of all search templates
- Core | Reduce debug messages for connection-refused type tracker errors
- Core | Reduce version-check timeouts to prevent version server errors from adversely affecting Vuze
- Core | Be more tolerant of large PEX messages as clients are sending valid exchanges that exceeded our old limits
- Core | Improve detection of devices
- Core | Report better error messages for failed plugin installs
- Core | Add alert details to alert log
- Core | Log plugin load-at-start state to diagnostics
- UI | Better handling in in-client browser for search engines and (blocking) pop-ups
- UI | Device status column now reports when a file is being copied to the device
* Corrected bugs:
- Core | Fixes to superseeding mode
- Core | Fixed up disabling of UDP tracker protocol and added option to control UDP probing
- Core | Fixed bug involving switching search template from manual to auto mode
- Core | Immediately drop incoming connections for stopped downloads (they used to persist and timeout later)
- Core | Fixed bug whereby add-for-seeding torrents with reorder-piece file mode and move-to dirs resulted in download being marked as incomplete
- Core | OSX - handle UTF-8 BOM in plist
- UI | Sort column editor available table correctly
- UI | Fix case where sidebar doesn't display properly at startup
- UI | Changing name of Device should now be remembered
- * | Fix various Null Pointer Exceptions