TortoiseSVN is a really easy to use Revision control / version control / source control software for Windows. It is based on Subversion. TortoiseSVN provides a nice and easy user interface for Subversion.
It is developed under the GPL. Which means it is completely free, including the source code. But just in case you don't know the GPL too well: you can use TortoiseSVN to develop commercial applications or just use it in your company without any restrictions.
Since it's not an integration for a specific IDE like Visual Studio, Eclipse or others, you can use it with whatever development tools you like.
As a Subversion client, TortoiseSVN has all the features of Subversion itself, including:
- Most current CVS features.
- Directories, renames, and file meta-data are versioned.
- Commits are truly atomic.
- Branching and tagging are cheap (constant time) operations.
- Efficient handling of binary files.
- CHG: The history dialog is now 'attached' to the commit dialog. (Stefan)
- CHG: When filling in a log message from the 'recent' messages in the
commit dlg, use the bugtraq:logregex to extract the bug ID and fill
the bug ID field if possible and only use the bugtraq:message value
if the logregex doesn't return a bug ID. (Stefan)
- CHG: Updated to OpenSSL 0.9.8k (Stefan)
- BUG: Showing properties from the explorer svn properties tab did not work
if a language other than English was set. (Stefan)
- BUG: Crash in "cleanup". (Stefan)
- BUG: TortoiseBlame showed only empty files. (Stefan)
- BUG: Crash when showing the revision graph where the URL of the repository
required escaping. (Stefan)
- BUG: The log dialog would show paths incorrectly greyed out or hidden
for urls which need escaping. (Stefan)
- BUG: Sorting in the status list control didn't work properly for columns
after 'lock author'. (Stefan)
- BUG: The bugtraq:label text was shown garbled in the commit dialog if it
contained non-ASCII chars. (Stefan)
- BUG: The (Un)Ignore menu was not shown for files which have names with
chars not available in the system codepage. (Stefan)
- BUG: Show log could loop endlessly under certain conditions.
- BUG: Fixed memory leak in TSVNCache. (Stefan Fuhrmann)
- BUG: Administrative (msiexec /a ...) install didn't work. (Stefan)
- BUG: The log dialog used the wrong font. (Stefan)
- BUG: Blame showed revisions as merged even if they were not. (Stefan)
- BUG: Externals weren't shown if changelists were present. (Stefan)
- BUG: The SubWCRevCOM didn't return date information. (Stefan)
- BUG: Refreshing a folder in the repository lead to duplicate entries
shown in the tree view. (Stefan)
- BUG: Already merged revisions were not indicated if the url required