Songbird 0.4 Beta
Songbird is an open-source customizable music player.
It is integrated with these Web 2.0 services: mashTape, SHOUTcast Radio, Last.fm Scrobbling, and Songkick concert tickets. You can enhance Songbird with community-contributed plugins like Media Flow.
- Smart Playlists
- Built-In Web Browser
- Multi-language Support
- Automatic Updates
- Setup Assistant
- Custom User Interface
- Library Management
- Developer Support
Beta features include portable device support, metadata management, album artwork, and subscriptions.
Please note that the author has stopped supporting this program, but Nightingale is now available as an alternative.
* Display panes that make it friendly for multiple add-ons to be installed in Songbird at once by allowing the user to define which add-on gets displayed by context. Read the details on these integration points in our Developer Center.
* The latest generation iPods (the iPod touch/iPhone an exception) are now supported and we have improved the user experience for the iPod including a new iPod Summary Page (requires latest iPod add-on)
* Library support to return to the web location where a media item originated.
* A more comprehensive XUL Periodic Table in the Developer Support Tools Add-On.
* The Web Media History list now defaults with a column indicating the "Source" of the media. You can click on this entry to take you to that source web site.
* Bug free preferences/options.
* List views now retain users sorting preferences and column reordering.
* The popular "JumpTo" feature is back!
* Faster, smoother window resize.
* Many memory leaks fixed.