SeaMonkey is a web-browser, advanced e-mail and newsgroup client, IRC chat client, and HTML editing made simple -- all your Internet needs in one application.
- Tabbed browsing gives you a better way to surf the net. You no longer have to open one page at a time. With tabbed browsing, open several pages at once with one click. Plus, your homepage can be multiple pages, in tabs.
- Popup blocker lets you surf the web without interruption from annoying ads.
- Image Manager lets you block images to remove offensive images or speed up the rendering of web sites.
- Find as you type gives you another way to navigate a page. Just start typing to jump from link to link or to find a word or phrase within a page.
- Plus all the features a modern browser should have including: Advanced security settings; Password, Download, and Cookie managers; Themes; multi-language and multi-platform support; and, the latest in Web Standards.
- Newsgroup names can now be entered using autocompletion.
- The Gamepad API has been finalized and enabled.
- VP9 video decoding has been implemented.
- Support for Opus in WebM was added.
- Volume control for HTML5 audio/video has been added.
- Mac OS X Notification Center support has been added for web notifications.
- Support for spdy/2 has been removed.
- Support for multi-line flexbox in layout has been added.
- Support for the MathML 2.0 mathvariant attribute has been added.
- Background thread hang reporting has been added.
- <input type=color> has been implemented and enabled.
- Fixed several stability issues.