Tired of dealing with rogue software, spyware and malware?
Spent too many hours removing unsolicited software?
Worried about clicking unfamiliar Web links?
Introducing Sandboxie: Sandboxie runs your programs in an isolated space which prevents them from making permanent changes to other programs and data in your computer.
Benefits of the Isolated Sandbox
- Secure Web Browsing: Running your Web browser under the protection of Sandboxie means that all malicious software downloaded by the browser is trapped in the sandbox and can be discarded trivially.
- Enhanced Privacy: Browsing history, cookies, and cached temporary files collected while Web browsing stay in the sandbox and don't leak into Windows.
- Secure E-mail: Viruses and other malicious software that might be hiding in your email can't break out of the sandbox and can't infect your real system.
- Windows Stays Lean: Prevent wear-and-tear in Windows by installing software into an isolated sandbox.
* Translation to French, contributed by Mr Anonyme.
* DropMyRights-like feature: Sandbox Settings > Restrictions > Drop Rights
* Colored borders feature: Sandbox Settings > Appearance
* Support for JAWS and Windows-Eyes: Sandbox Settings > Applications > Accessibility
* Performance improvements for sandboxed programs.
* A forced Internet Explorer displayed an Open/Save popup window, when an Internet shortcut icon was clicked. The Open/Save window no longer appears.
* Sandboxed Windows Explorer can "paste" files that were "copied" outside the sandbox.
* Fixed a problem that prevented sandboxed applications from switching to full screen on Windows Vista.
* Fixed a problem when running Windows Live Mail sandboxed on Windows Vista.
* And many other smaller issues were resolved.