Tired of dealing with rogue software, spyware and malware?
Spent too many hours removing unsolicited software?
Worried about clicking unfamiliar Web links?
Introducing Sandboxie: Sandboxie runs your programs in an isolated space which prevents them from making permanent changes to other programs and data in your computer.
Benefits of the Isolated Sandbox
- Secure Web Browsing: Running your Web browser under the protection of Sandboxie means that all malicious software downloaded by the browser is trapped in the sandbox and can be discarded trivially.
- Enhanced Privacy: Browsing history, cookies, and cached temporary files collected while Web browsing stay in the sandbox and don't leak into Windows.
- Secure E-mail: Viruses and other malicious software that might be hiding in your email can't break out of the sandbox and can't infect your real system.
- Windows Stays Lean: Prevent wear-and-tear in Windows by installing software into an isolated sandbox.
These are the changes to Sandboxie since version 3.28.
* New features:
* Forced Folders protection extended to apply to documents as well as programs.
* Files can be dragged from a regular window into a sandboxed window.
* Prevent changes to wallpaper and Windows credentials.
* Resource Access Monitor tool.
* Fixes to problems:
* Resolved problem with choppy audio on higher-end systems typically running Windows Vista.
* Improved support for network shares.
* Resolved problem with user account containing non-English letters.