Pidgin is a chat program which lets you log in to accounts on multiple chat networks simultaneously. This means that you can be chatting with friends on MSN, talking to a friend on Google Talk, and sitting in a Yahoo chat room all at the same time.
Pidgin runs on Windows, Linux, and other UNIX operating systems.
Pidgin is compatible with the following chat networks out of the box: AIM, ICQ, Google Talk, Jabber/XMPP, MSN Messenger, Yahoo!, Bonjour, Gadu-Gadu, IRC, Novell GroupWise Messenger, QQ, Lotus Sametime, SILC, SIMPLE, MySpaceIM, and Zephyr. It can support many more with plugins.
Pidgin supports many features of these chat networks, such as file transfers, away messages, buddy icons, custom smilies, and typing notifications. Numerous plugins also extend Pidgin's functionality above and beyond the standard features.
Pidgin integrates with the system tray on Windows.
* Fix handling of Self-Signed SSL/TLS Certificates when using the NSS plugin
* Improve default cipher suites used with the NSS plugin
* Add NSS Preferences plugin which allows the SSL/TLS Versions and cipher suites to be configured
* Fix a bug that prevented plugin to load when compiled without GnuTLS.
* Fix build for platforms without AF_LOCAL definition.
* Fix broken login due to server change (dx, TReKiE).
* Fail early when buddy list is unavailable instead of wasting bandwidth endlessly re-trying.