PeaZip is an open source file and archive manager. It's freeware and free of charge for any use.
PeaZip can extract most of archive formats both from Windows and Unix worlds, ranging from mainstream 7Z, RAR, TAR and ZIP to experimental ones like PAQ/LPAQ family, currently the most powerful compressor available.
PeaZip has secure deletion feature, can verify file checksum and hash, and supports multiple strong encryption standards, optionally using two factor authentication (password and keyfile) for increased security:
- 7Z's AES256 encryption
- ZIP WinZip's AE encryption based on AES256 (and ZipCrypto for legacy compatibility); can decrypt PKZip's AES encryption
- FreeARC's ARC: AES256, Blowfish, Twofish256 and Serpent256 - this format is also capable to generate recovery records to protect data against corruption
- PEA: AES256 EAX authenticated encryption
For archive creation, PeaZip supports a wide range of compression and encryption standards, from the fastest to the most powerful ones. It also allows you to export job definition as scripts to bridge the gap between GUI and console apps, and lets you pick the best of both worlds.
* FILE MANAGER:
- Added support to .cbr, .cbz, .cbt, .cba, .cb7, 123 file extensions supported
* EXTRACTION and ARCHIVING:
- Default naming policy option for 7z backend is now "skip existing files" as for other backend executables
- Added "Ask before overwriting" mode in extraction options for 7z backend (all other options are still available: skip, auto rename extracted, auto rename existing, overwrite existing)
- Custom syntax combobox default changed to "parameters, output, input"
- Improved password form's text
- Validatecl procedure allows > and < characters, still disallowed in checkfilename and checkfiledirname
- Improved sizes detection in pealauncher
* WINDOWS INSTALLER:
- Separate icons for 7z, rar and zip file types
- Context menu item "Browse path with PeaZip" now enabled by default