PeaZip is an open source file and archive manager. It's freeware and free of charge for any use.
PeaZip can extract most of archive formats both from Windows and Unix worlds, ranging from mainstream 7Z, RAR, TAR and ZIP to experimental ones like PAQ/LPAQ family, currently the most powerful compressor available.
PeaZip has secure deletion feature, can verify file checksum and hash, and supports multiple strong encryption standards, optionally using two factor authentication (password and keyfile) for increased security:
- 7Z's AES256 encryption
- ZIP WinZip's AE encryption based on AES256 (and ZipCrypto for legacy compatibility); can decrypt PKZip's AES encryption
- FreeARC's ARC: AES256, Blowfish, Twofish256 and Serpent256 - this format is also capable to generate recovery records to protect data against corruption
- PEA: AES256 EAX authenticated encryption
For archive creation, PeaZip supports a wide range of compression and encryption standards, from the fastest to the most powerful ones. It also allows you to export job definition as scripts to bridge the gap between GUI and console apps, and lets you pick the best of both worlds.
* FILE MANAGER:
- (Windows) Added reference SendTo items in PeaZip's path to simplify customizing installation, to share those items between users, and to use this type of system integration for PeaZip Portable
- (Windows) New default icon library with icons from Seven theme
- Various fixes
* WINDOWS INSTALLER:
- (Windows 7) Cascaded context menu with icons, since in Windows 7 and later cascading menu implementation is supported through registry settings, which is now recommended over COM methods
- Various fixes