PeaZip is an open source file and archive manager. It's freeware and free of charge for any use.
PeaZip can extract most of archive formats both from Windows and Unix worlds, ranging from mainstream 7Z, RAR, TAR and ZIP to experimental ones like PAQ/LPAQ family, currently the most powerful compressor available.
PeaZip has secure deletion feature, can verify file checksum and hash, and supports multiple strong encryption standards, optionally using two factor authentication (password and keyfile) for increased security:
- 7Z's AES256 encryption
- ZIP WinZip's AE encryption based on AES256 (and ZipCrypto for legacy compatibility); can decrypt PKZip's AES encryption
- FreeARC's ARC: AES256, Blowfish, Twofish256 and Serpent256 - this format is also capable to generate recovery records to protect data against corruption
- PEA: AES256 EAX authenticated encryption
For archive creation, PeaZip supports a wide range of compression and encryption standards, from the fastest to the most powerful ones. It also allows you to export job definition as scripts to bridge the gap between GUI and console apps, and lets you pick the best of both worlds.
- Fewer FreeArc's SFX modules are now embedded by default: arc-tiny.linux.sfx, freearc.sfx, freearc-installer.sfx, freearc-tiny.sfx. If needed, other self extracting modules can still be downloaded from FreeArc's official website for free.
- Main executables are no longer compressed with UPX, resulting in a bit larger disk occupation (about 7MB) but smaller installer (about 1.5 MB) and less RAM usage (each instance does no longer need to be uncompressed in memory to run)
- If it is critical to reduce disk occupation, executables can be compressed with UPX through PeaZip itself
# FILE MANAGER
- Added history popup menu rightclicking on refresh button in address bar
- Added search history popup menu rightclicking on search button in address bar
- Changed low contrast text color to avoid it being the same color of default form color in Classic Windows theme for Vista/7
- Minor fixes
# EXTRACTION and ARCHIVING
- Fixed speed calculation for jobs lasting past midnight
# WINDOWS INSTALLER
- 64 bit version has now WIN64 in application name
- New icons for most common archive formats 7Z, RAR and ZIP/ZIPX