NSIS (Nullsoft Scriptable Install System) is a professional open source system to create Windows installers. It is designed to be as small and flexible as possible and is therefore very suitable for internet distribution.
Being a user's first experience with your product, a stable and reliable installer is an important component of successful software. With NSIS you can create such installers that are capable of doing everything that is needed to setup your software.
NSIS is script-based and allows you to create the logic to handle even the most complex installation tasks. Many plug-ins and scripts are already available: you can create web installers, communicate with Windows and other software components, install or update shared components and more.
NSIS 2.38 is released. This release fixes a bug that caused stack pollution for
nsDialogs users and the usual collection of bug fixes and minor improvements.
nsDialogs users are urged to upgrade.
* Fixed a bug in nsDialogs that caused it to pollute the stack if callbacks
are not set for each control (bug #2013317)
* Added IfNotThen support for LogicLib (patch #1990761)
* Added support for NTFS mounts points on the directory page (bug #1946112)
* Fixed branding image control detection on Debian, due to improper
identification of static controls (bug #1951417)
* Log actual creation of directories and not just failures and final
directory (patch #1992325)
* Made log close when LogSet off is used (patch #1986692)
* Minor documentation improvements (including bug #1990955)
* MultiUser: Fixed MULTIUSER_INSTALLMODE_INSTDIR handling for the
* Document page leave callback function (bug #1964719)
* Fixed MUI_FINISHPAGE_CANCEL_ENABLED
* Fixed wasted variable warnings (bug #1995024)
* Fixed French translation of MUI_UNTEXT_FINISH_INFO_REBOOT (patch
* Removed non-ANSI characters from French display name (bug #1979491)
* Updated Slovenian (patch #2014106)