MyDefrag (formerly JKDefrag) is a disk defragmenter and optimizer for Windows 2000/2003/XP/Vista/2008/X64. Completely automatic and very easy to use, fast, low overhead, with several optimization strategies, and can handle floppies, USB disks, memory sticks, and anything else that looks like a disk to Windows.
Included are a Windows version, a commandline version (for scheduling by the task scheduler or for use from administrator scripts), a screensaver version, a DLL library (for use from programming languages), versions for Windows X64, and the complete sources.
Why use this defragger instead of the standard Windows defragger?
- Much faster.
- Totally automatic, extremely easy to use.
- Optimized for daily use.
- Disk optimization, several strategies.
- Directories are moved to the beginning of the disk.
- Reclaims MFT reserved space after disk-full.
- Maintains free spaces for temporary files.
- Can defragment very full harddisks.
- Can defragment very large files.
- Can defragment individual directories and files.
- Can be run automatically with the Windows Scheduler.
- Can be used from the commandline.
- Can be used as a screen saver.
- Can be run from cdrom or memory stick.
- Sources available, can be customized.
* Added the !InstallDirectory! macro.
* Added the !ScriptDirectory! macro.
* Added the !ExecutableDirectory! macro.
* It is now possible to use macros inside included files.
* Added the * ProcessPriority setting.
* The MakeGap() and AddGap() functions before v4.2.4 would automatically scale down a gap if it would not leave enough room for the remaining data to be processed. This limiting is now removed.
* Added an extra test to make sure the script chooser will only list "*.MyD" files, and not for example "*.MyD~".
* Fixed an infinite loop for unmovable NTFS compressed files.
* Fixed a bug that prevented the PreventScreenSaving() and PreventPowerSaving() settings from working if they were placed in the Settings.MyD file.
* Fixed an infinite loop problem for extremely rare cases where the Microsoft defragmentation api returns an empty list of extends.
* Change the tree locking timeout from 15 minutes to 2 minutes.