Miro is a free HD video player. It can play almost any video file and offers over 6,000 free internet TV shows and video podcasts.
Miro has a simple, gorgeous interface designed for fullscreen HD video. Since Miro downloads most videos, you can take your shows with you, even on an airplane. Quite simply, Miro is a better way to watch all the video you care about.
Unlike your browser, Miro's built for HD. The built-in Miro Guide connects you to thousands of free High Definition video shows. Miro downloads video fast and stores it on your local computer for a level of quality that is often impossible on streaming video websites (even the ones that call themselves 'HD').
Can't open a video? Now you can, with Miro. Miro can play virtually any type of video file - Quicktime, WMV, MPEG, AVI, XVID, and more.
When it comes to video podcasts, Miro goes far beyond iTunes by letting you subscribe to BitTorrent RSS feeds, with one of the fastest torrent downloaders in the world. Miro makes BitTorrent RSS dead simple-- when a new episode is available, it will download automatically and be ready to watch.
# New features
- (OS X) Play gvi Google Video format media
# Bug fixes
- (all) Updated translations
- (all) Some files downloaded from YouTube unplayable in Miro
- (all) Licensing issues with ffmpeg
- (all) Miro doesn't remember list view for library tabs
- (all) Miro 3.5 may not play some .mkv files
- (all) update all wiki urls
- (all) Downloader doesn't shutdown when main process hangs
- (all) Bad Spanish translation: "Error-Archivo no ecotrado"
- (Linux) Play button sometimes fails to do anything
- (Linux) Files in unsupported formats silently skipped
- (Linux) media keys handling is wrong
- (Linux) Video converter does not coerce child window dimensions to integer
- (Linux) Error when playing movies that haven't been checked
- (Linux) Error when deleting newly-downloaded video
- (Linux) Crashes in frontend thread not getting sent to the error dialog
- (Linux) Changing play in miro while playing causes error
- (OS X) miro crashes on launch on Mac OSX when user home dir contains non-ascii chars (ex: Björn)
- (OS X) can not install in a path with non-ascii charaters
- (OS X) matroska files fail conversion
- (OS X) Crash with unicode error when trying to play
- (OS X) Crash when quitting during playback error
- (Windows) Miro randomly crashes after finishing video playback
- (Windows) in ask_for_http_auth ValueError: Scheme not present in auth header: NEGOTIATE,NTLM,BASIC realm="stuproxy"
- (Windows) "application configuration incorrect" error preventing miro startup
- (Windows) Incorrect video remaining duration displayed
- (Windows) log windows version
- (Windows) Preferences dialog will not open if Windows font path is not C:\Windows\Fonts