Miro is a free HD video player. It can play almost any video file and offers over 6,000 free internet TV shows and video podcasts.
Miro has a simple, gorgeous interface designed for fullscreen HD video. Since Miro downloads most videos, you can take your shows with you, even on an airplane. Quite simply, Miro is a better way to watch all the video you care about.
Unlike your browser, Miro's built for HD. The built-in Miro Guide connects you to thousands of free High Definition video shows. Miro downloads video fast and stores it on your local computer for a level of quality that is often impossible on streaming video websites (even the ones that call themselves 'HD').
Can't open a video? Now you can, with Miro. Miro can play virtually any type of video file - Quicktime, WMV, MPEG, AVI, XVID, and more.
When it comes to video podcasts, Miro goes far beyond iTunes by letting you subscribe to BitTorrent RSS feeds, with one of the fastest torrent downloaders in the world. Miro makes BitTorrent RSS dead simple-- when a new episode is available, it will download automatically and be ready to watch.
* New features
- (Windows) Easy Install on windows should detect location of previous install
* Bug fixes
- (all) KeyError during item delete
- (Linux) Miro fails to start with libavformat 0.8.0 due to compiler errors
- (all) Better detect whether an item is podcast or not and populate the field (affects Miro Mobile)
- (all) Drag and drop can reorder items
- (all) Implement podcast view for shares
- (all) Scroll position can reset
- (all) UnicodeDecodeError when trying to plug in external disk
- (all) client side data not always updated when items edited on server
- (all) straighten out podcast sharing behavior
- (all) tighten up error handling when remote share gets yanked
- (all) CantPlayWidget should not show reveal file or open externally for remote (shared) items
- (all) While handling idle (result callback (Sharing Client ubuntu @ (jed.local., 3689)))
- (all) cheap sharing performance upgrades that we should do
- (all) UnicodeDecodeError while plugging in iPod
- (OS X) upgrade to perian 1.2.3
- (all) transcode sink should not bail out prematurely
- (all) transcode cleanup handler not always invoked