mIRC is a full featured Internet Relay Chat client for Windows that can be used to communicate, share, play or work with others on IRC networks around the world, either in multi-user group conferences or in one-to-one private discussions.
It has a clean, practical interface that is highly configurable and supports features such as buddy lists, file transfers, multi-server connections, SSL encryption, proxy support, UTF-8 display, customizable sounds, spoken messages, tray notifications, message logging, and more.
mIRC also has a powerful scripting language that can be used both to automate mIRC and to create applications that perform a wide range of functions from network communications to playing games.
mIRC has been in development for over a decade and is constantly being improved and updated with new technologies.
* Portable support has been improved for when mIRC is used on more than one computer through file hosting services like dropbox.
* A Treebar option has been added that allows you to choose a different font using the right-click popup menu.
* The editbox now beeps at most ten times when the maximum message length is reached and respects the "enable sounds" option in the sounds dialog.
* The log view window now allows you to set the default ontop state through the system menu as well as save the window position.
* The SSL warning dialog has been improved and now includes SHA1 fingerprint and Bubble-babble text.
* Incremental search has been added to listboxes that matches against start of text in listbox lines.
* The Control+Break key issue that caused it to stick in some situations should now be resolved.
* A display scrolling bug that occurred in windows that contained a large numbers of lines has been fixed.
* A 10053 connection issue has been fixed that occurred when connecting to a server that closed the connection immediately.
* Changed /timer handling so that it is now more precise/reliable.
* Other changes and bug fixes.