Macrium Reflect 5.1.5603
A complete disaster recovery solution for your home and office. Protect your personal documents, photos, music and emails. Upgrade your hard disk or try new operating systems in the safe knowledge that everything is securely saved in an easily recovered backup file.
- Don't compromise your data integrity with second best
Macrium Reflect uses leading data compression techniques to create accurate and reliable images of your hard disk or partitions on your disk.
- Simple step by step operation
Image and Restore using intuitive wizards and interfaces. Macrium Reflect integrates fully with Windows Explorer, a partition image can be created with a simple right click.
- Automate the process
With Macrium Reflect you can schedule Images to run at any time. Disk space management ensures that you optimize the available space on external drives.
- Restore individual files and folders
Create a 'Virtual' drive in Windows Explorer and recover selected files and directories using simple copy and paste operations.
In the event of a total loss of the Windows operating system your PC can be started using the Reflect recovery CD.
Please note that beginning with version 5.2.6544 we are providing the Macrium Installer, which will automatically download the correct version for your PC. It will also download any necessary Windows components for you.
You can get more information about this installer on the Macrium knowledge base.
* Support added in Windows PE for Intel Smart Response Technology (SRT)
- The auto-built Windows PE rescue environment now includes driver support for Intel SRT enabled PC's. If your PC hardware has this functionality available and installed then please re-build your Windows PE media to add the SRT drivers automatically.
* Show drive letter for bootable USB Flash media
- The flash media creation option in the Windows PE media creation wizard now shows the assigned drive letter as well as the USB flash drive description.
* Verification time is now included in the log total backup time
- Image and backup total time now includes the file verification time.
* Increased the number of local drives scanned at start-up
- A total of up to 70 locally attached disks are now scanned at start-up.
* Improved the compatibility check for Flash drives when creating rescue media.
- Reflect is now compatible with a wider range of flash drives for creating bootable rescue media.
* Disk size calculation
- The size of the restore or clone target disk is now more accurately calculated. Previously the length of the disk may have been incorrect by a few sectors.
* Partition alignment changes
- When dragging and dropping partitions during a restore or clone operation, the end alignment of the restored partition is now preserved regardless of the alignment correctness of the source partition. Previously the end position was recalculated, however, this led to some confusion.
# Bug fixes:
* Time remaining bug for FAT32 images
- Fixed progress bar time and transfer rate when backing up FAT32 partitions.
* Crash when pausing during image verification
- A program error could occur if the backup dialog was 'Paused' during the verification process. This has been resolved.
* Window 8 crash when mounting File and Folder backups over a network
- Windows 8 and Server 2012 could crash when mounting a File and Folder backup or FAT32 image if the image file was located on a network share. This has been resolved.
* Boot menu error for Windows XP/Server 2003
- The error "Unable to create temporary store" could be generated when adding the boot menu to XP and Server 2003 systems. If you have seen this issue then please rebuild your rescue media after updating.
* Email defaults not saved.
- The default Email SMTP server user name and/or password could fail to be saved to the system registry. This has been resolved.
* Windows PE load error
- Windows PE crash on start-up if too many drivers were included in the 'Drivers' folder. This has been resolved.
* Disk cloning 'Verify file system'
- Disk cloning would ignore the 'Verify file system' option in the Advanced clone properties. This has been resolved.
* Defaults password error
- Bug fixed in the defaults dialog that prevented the pages being changed if the scheduled user password wasn't set.
* Crash when loading unmounted BitLocker encrypted partitions
- A start-up crash could occur if an unmounted BitLocker encrypted disk was attached. This has been resolved.