KeePass is a free open source password manager, which helps you to manage your passwords in a secure way. You can put all your passwords in one database, which is locked with one master key or a key file. So you only have to remember one single master password or select the key file to unlock the whole database. The databases are encrypted using the best and most secure encryption algorithms currently known (AES and Twofish).
KeePass is really free, and more than that: it is open source (OSI certified). You can have a look at its full source and check whether the encryption algorithms are implemented correctly.
- When trying to search using an invalid regular expression, an error message is displayed now.
- Context menus can now be displayed by pressing the Apps key or Shift+F10.
- Changed keyboard shortcut for closing KeePass to Ctrl+Q.
- During a drag&drop operation, KeePass now additionally provides the text in Unicode form.
- HTML export/printing: the notes and attachment data columns now are twice as wide as the other columns.
- The version information file (which the optional update check downloads to see if there exists a newer version) is now downloaded over HTTPS.
- Changed some ICO files such that higher resolution images are used.
- CHM help file: improved high DPI support.
- Upgraded to Boost libraries version 1.62.0.
- Upgraded installer.
- Various minor code improvements developed within the scope of the European Commission's Free and Open Source Software Auditing (EU-FOSSA) project.
- Various code optimizations.
- Minor other improvements.