jEdit is a programmer's text editor written in Java. It uses the Swing toolkit for the GUI and can be configured as a rather powerful IDE through the use of its plugin architecture.
Key features include:
- Written in Java: runs on Windows, Unix, VMS and Mac OS X.
- Built-in macro language; extensible plugin architecture.
- jEdit plugin manager supports downloading and installation of hundreds of plugins.
- Auto indent, and syntax highlighting for more than 200 languages.
- Supports a large number of character encodings including UTF8 and Unicode.
- Folding for selectively hiding regions of text.
- Word wrap.
- Highly customizable.
jEdit has stacks of features, is really easy to use, and it is highly configurable. Coupled with extensive language and plugin support, makes this editor one to certainly try.
We don't have any change log information yet for version 5.3 of jEdit. Sometimes publishers take a little while to make this information available, so please check back in a few days to see if it has been updated.
Can you help?
If you have any change log info you can share with us, we'd love to hear from you! Head over to our Contact page and let us know.