Google Earth 5.1.3506 Beta
Google Earth lets you fly anywhere on Earth to view satellite imagery, maps, terrain, 3D buildings, from galaxies in outer space to the canyons of the ocean. You can explore rich geographical content, save your toured places, and share with others.
Google Earth's features include:
See global changes with decades of historic imagery
If you've ever wondered how your neighborhood has changed throughout time, Google Earth now gives you access to the past. With a simple click, check out suburban sprawl, melting ice caps, coastal erosion, and more.
Dive beneath the surface of the ocean
In the new ocean layer, you can plunge all the way to the floor of the sea, view exclusive content from partners like BBC and National Geographic, and explore 3D shipwrecks like the Titanic.
Track and share your paths with others
Take placemarks a step further and record a free-form tour in Google Earth. Simply turn on the touring feature, press record, and see the world. You can even add a soundtrack or narration to personalize the journey.
* Improved Startup Time. The improvement is most noticeable when users launch the Earth application multiple times.
* Improved overall rendering performance. Changes include faster atmosphere rendering and using compressed textures whenever possible.
* Improved Road rendering Performance: Frame rate at places with dense road networks is three times faster than in previous releases.
* Improved memory utilization in the application.
* Significantly smoother frame-rate and less stuttering in the application compared to previous releases.
* Improved performance with large region based network link KML documents. Some of large KML documents are now processed and rendered at more than twice the speed of earlier releases.
* Improved KML document handling performance. Large regionated KML Image overlays are up to 80% faster than previous releases.
* Support for KML hint = moon or mars to switch to moon or mars based on kml document.
* Availability of one installer that installs both the Google Earth application and browser plugin.
* Desktop Application now works on Windows 7.
* Users can set the memory cache size up to 1024 MB now.