Feedreader is the most robust, highly-functional personal aggregation solution on the market today. It dynamically reads, collects, and organizes syndicated Web content, and seamlessly delivers it directly to user desktops. With Feedreader, you have instant, convenient access to the up-to-the-minute news you need, without information overload.
Feedreader automatically downloads updates from your favorite Web sites. So, it eliminates the need for you to constantly monitor multiple Web pages, while allowing you to immediately identify and retrieve new articles - no matter how long you've been away from your desk.
Feedreader provides cutting-edge features in an intuitive, user-friendly environment. Even non-technical users can view comprehensive, consolidated information from across the Internet - faster and easier than ever before.
FeedReader was open source until version 2.9 and continues to be freeware from version 3.0 onwards.
- Opening folders is instant now. In previous versions FR always updated unread counts if folder was opened
- Feedreader is more responsive then updating feeds.
- Feedreader now memorizes opened folders. So you can have multiple folders open and on next startup they will also be open.
- New state of feed available. If there are new items since last time you opened feed, it's icon will have small star in it.
- Feedreader now defaults to one feed update process.If you want multiple feed update processes then it's possible to change this in program connection options.
- Progress is visible when feed update is active.
- If sending article by email all recipient addresses will be saved during the session (easy to send another article to same recipient)
- If emailstyle.xsl exists in stylesheet folder then it's used as style when sending articles by email.
- New options in notification window (how long notification window is displayed and also possibility to use fade in and out in notification window).
- Possibility to mark all news in notification window as read.
- Possibility to turn off automatic marking of newsitem read then viewing it. If you turn of automatic marking then you can use keyboard shortcut Control+q to mark article(s) read.
- New feedreader.ini setup string : dbdirectory=???. If you would like to store main database in some other folder then you can use this definition to tell Feedreader where your database is located
- Fixed bug - Google Mail Atom feed does not work.
- Fixed bug - In earlier versions you just could not create really advanced filters (multiple levels). Now it should be possible
- Fixed bug - Now it's possible to use unicode characters in smartfeed definitions.
- Fixed multiple bugs - Unread count calculating.
- Fixed multiple bugs Memory leaks.