Digsby Beta (build 81)
Digsby provides you with IM, email and Social networks in one easy to use application.
Instant Messaging - Digsby is a multiprotocol IM client that lets you chat with all your friends on AIM, MSN, Yahoo, ICQ, Google Talk, and Jabber with one simple to manage buddy list.
Email Notifications - Digsby is an email notification tool that alerts you of new email and lets you perform actions such as 'Delete' or 'Report Spam' with just one click.
Social Networking - Digsby is a social networking tool that alerts you of events like new messages and gives you a live Newsfeed of what your friends are up to.
Version 38 onwards is a stub installer that includes numerous toolbars etc., we recommend you do not install these.
# Major Changes
* Group Chat: The long awaited group chat support is finally here! You can create or join chat rooms on AIM, ICQ, Yahoo, MSN, Google Talk, and Jabber. Just click the room list button on the top right corner of the IM window and invite others to the chat. You can also create rooms via the menu: Digsby > New Group Chat.
* LinkedIn: We're introducing a completely redesigned LinkedIn implementation powered by their new API. You can now do all the good stuff you already do with your other social networks like comment on posts, like/dislike items, etc.
* MySpace Like/Dislike: We added Like + Dislike support to MySpace newsfeed items. Since their API doesn't currently support this capability, the link acts as a shortcut for posting a “Like!” or “Dislike!” comment on the thread.
# Bug Fixes
* Fixed a bug that caused newlines to not send correctly over Gtalk
* Fixed a bug that preventing you from removing buddies from your AIM block list
* Fixed a bug that caused HTML to render sometimes when pasted into the comment field of the infobox
* Fixed a bug that caused Digsby to show AIM groups which can't be deleted if you ever linked your AIM account to Facebook
* Fixed a bug that caused groups to appear within groups when ICQ sent corrupt buddy list data
* Fixed a bug that caused messages which start with a newline to get formatted incorrectly over MSN
* Fixed a bug that prevented some unicode words from being saved to the spell check dictionary
* Fixed a bug that caused outgoing IMs to show HTML in our popup windows
* Fixed a bug that caused the input language to change when clearing the input box
* Fixed a bug that caused the input box in popup notifications to use black font on black background
* Fixed a bug with handling errors from the Facebook servers when retrieving comments
* Fixed a bug that caused your user ID to show instead of your name in Facebook chats
* Fixed a bug that caused URLs with brackets to not get linkified properly
* Fixed a bug that caused unicode to render incorrectly for IMs sent to Trillian users
* Fixed a bug that caused the mouse to sometimes get stuck behind the window when opening a combobox
* Fixed a bug that caused HTML to show in the IM window when chatting with eBuddy or ICQ 7.2 users
* Optimized when and how often to request buddy icons for Facebook buddies
* Fixed a few small memory leaks
* Added email notification support for Google Apps accounts which have been migrated to function as “full Google Accounts”
* When you delete messages in Yahoo Mail, they will now be moved into the trash folder instead of disappearing forever
* Updated the version of the Yahoo Messenger protocol we use
* We now use Twitter server time instead of your local machine so login doesn't fail if your clock is set incorrectly
* A few small Facebook newsfeed enhancements (ie: comment caching, spinner while retrieving, etc.)
* Created a more robust Twitter login sequence for handling errors on their end