DC++ 0.703 Beta
DC++ is an open source client for Windows for the Direct Connect network. Direct Connect allows you to share files over the Internet without restrictions or limits. The client is completely free of advertisements and has a nice, easy to use interface. Firewall and router support is integrated and it is easy and convenient to use functionality like multi-hub connections, auto-connections and resuming of downloads.
DC++ offers these improvements over its predecessors:
- Much more stable. DC++ wastes less memory, is faster, file size is smaller and long queue won't freeze the whole program. Neo-Modus Direct Connect eats memory and resources.
- You can connect to many hubs at same time and search for files from all of them with same search.
- You can continue downloading the same file from other users if somebody leaves.
- You can see timestamps in the chat. Chat won't jump to end when you roll back old messages.
- Bot messages wont popup new windows, you can also filter bot messages out.
- No Ads.
- Search is more versatile.
- Hublist is downloadable from multiple servers/sources.
* Fixed invalid strings (thanks james ross)
* Reverted initial anti-flicker (needs rethinking)
* Fixed some memory leaks
* Fixed background color in settings dialog example (thanks poy)
* Fixed disappearing tooltips (thanks poy)
* Stats frame work (thanks poy)
* Appearance page font cleanup (thanks poy)
* Context menu fix (thanks poy)
* Magnet dialog fixed (thanks poy)
* Reorder some options (thanks poy)
* Allow files with $ in them (thanks ullner)
* Fixed splitter resizing
* Fixed average download speed
* Removed test entries from finished frames
* Fixed an issue with multisource downloads
* Fixed missing hubs on pub hubs reopen
* Fixed crash on setting priority on running item
* Fixed issue adc connectivity when starting for the first time
* Fixed average overall transfer speed in main status bar
* Removed max tab rows setting, won't be implemented in the near future
* Fixed text not being displayed when opening private chat
* Fixed initial focus issues
* Fixed search on enter
* Fixed window activation on toolbar click
* Fixed spyframe crash
* Fixed /fav info (thanks ullner)