DC++ is an open source client for Windows for the Direct Connect network. Direct Connect allows you to share files over the Internet without restrictions or limits. The client is completely free of advertisements and has a nice, easy to use interface. Firewall and router support is integrated and it is easy and convenient to use functionality like multi-hub connections, auto-connections and resuming of downloads.
DC++ offers these improvements over its predecessors:
- Much more stable. DC++ wastes less memory, is faster, file size is smaller and long queue won't freeze the whole program. Neo-Modus Direct Connect eats memory and resources.
- You can connect to many hubs at same time and search for files from all of them with same search.
- You can continue downloading the same file from other users if somebody leaves.
- You can see timestamps in the chat. Chat won't jump to end when you roll back old messages.
- Bot messages wont popup new windows, you can also filter bot messages out.
- No Ads.
- Search is more versatile.
- Hublist is downloadable from multiple servers/sources.
- Correct search responses
- Fix transfer painting issues
- Properly ungroup transfer items
- Fix a bug with duplicate directory downloads
- Optimize searches with multiple extensions
- Added CDATA parsing to XML parser
- Added option to set automatic search interval
- The text in the /help-command now lists the description of each command.
- Move the PM channel selector to a status bar menu
- Direct encrypted PM channels
- Validate connection tokens to avoid impersonators
- Send FM / FB in code 43 STAs instead of FL
- Don't reconnect after a manual hub disconnect
- Always show the window when double-clicking the notif icon
- Upgrade the compiler
- Reduce the max protocol command size from 16 MiB to 16 KiB
- Documentation and translations updated as usual, thanks everyone