BitComet is a p2p file-sharing freeware fully compatible with BitTorrent/HTTP/FTP downloads.
BitComet is a powerful, clean, fast, and easy-to-use BitTorrent client. It supports simultaneous downloads, download queue, selected downloads in torrent package, fast-resume, disk cache, speed limits, port mapping, proxy, ip-filter, etc.
- Preview files.
- Intelligent disk cache.
- Uses new non BitTorrent source technology.
- First P2P client to offer stable 64Bit version.
The downside to BitComet is that it could be complicated for beginners and the user interface is dated. Also, the client doesn't provide a chat feature and the ads can be intrusive. This coupled with a decline in user base means that other, more robust clients could be preferred.
- GUI Improved: add recycle bin to place tasks deleted temporarily
- GUI Improved: add toolbar button, task list context menu item and Delete hot-key to delete task to recycle bin
- GUI Improved: add the function to to capture http/ftp file download in IE
- GUI Improved: add a setting to specify the file types to be captured when IE downloads file in in preferences dialog
- GUI Improved: add "Download Videos using BitComet" command in IE context menu as a option
- GUI Improved: adjust postion of splitters automatically when resizeing main window to keep optimal layout
- GUI Improved: display translated text in status-bar in the language of user chosen when mouse hover in the toolabr
- GUI Improved: dislpay the number of imported urls in the selection dialog of download all links in webpage
- GUI Improved: new toolkit: FlvPlayer
- GUI Bugfix: fix the bug that the task list is cleared and not displayed after switch UI language
- Core Improved: add the function of searching mirror site automatically for HTTP download task
- Core Improved: add the function of download video files in webpage
- Core Bugfix: fix the bug that the program may crash when only download partial files in a BT task