BitComet is a p2p file-sharing freeware fully compatible with BitTorrent/HTTP/FTP downloads.
BitComet is a powerful, clean, fast, and easy-to-use BitTorrent client. It supports simultaneous downloads, download queue, selected downloads in torrent package, fast-resume, disk cache, speed limits, port mapping, proxy, ip-filter, etc.
- Preview files.
- Intelligent disk cache.
- Uses new non BitTorrent source technology.
- First P2P client to offer stable 64Bit version.
The downside to BitComet is that it could be complicated for beginners and the user interface is dated. Also, the client doesn't provide a chat feature and the ads can be intrusive. This coupled with a decline in user base means that other, more robust clients could be preferred.
- GUI Improved: new floating window to display running status, supporting drag&drop of links in webpage and files to start download
- GUI Improved: add new function of auto query file size and server resume-supported ability when add new HTTP task, which can be configured in preferences dialog
- GUI Improved: the task number of a task queue is displayed in the favorites list
- GUI Improved: new icons for HTTP task states in task list
- GUI Improved: link count is displayed in add HTTP task group dialog
- GUI Bugfix: fix the bug that URL can not be opened from BitComet if FireFox is set to be default browser
- Core Improved: new function of auto recycle memory, which can be configured in preferences dialog
- Core Improved: compatible to Windows Vista, able to download HTTP links from IE7