BitComet is a p2p file-sharing freeware fully compatible with BitTorrent/HTTP/FTP downloads.
BitComet is a powerful, clean, fast, and easy-to-use BitTorrent client. It supports simultaneous downloads, download queue, selected downloads in torrent package, fast-resume, disk cache, speed limits, port mapping, proxy, ip-filter, etc.
- Preview files.
- Intelligent disk cache.
- Uses new non BitTorrent source technology.
- First P2P client to offer stable 64Bit version.
The downside to BitComet is that it could be complicated for beginners and the user interface is dated. Also, the client doesn't provide a chat feature and the ads can be intrusive. This coupled with a decline in user base means that other, more robust clients could be preferred.
- GUI Improved: add the function to scan virus upon download finish
- GUI Improved: add a prompt to scan virus when open executable file
- GUI Improved: add scan virus to task list and file list context menu
- GUI Improved: add scan virus setting page in Preferences dialog
- GUI Improved: add language translate editor dialog to option menu
- GUI Improved: add the function to move task downloded files to corresponding folder when change task catalog
- GUI Improved: add catalog setting to BT task properties dialog
- GUI Improved: add upload/download speed limit settings to advanced page of BT task properties dialog
- GUI Improved: add a option to hide confirm dialog when open BCTP link from IE
- GUI Improved: remove Caps LockNum Lock and ScrollLock status display in main window's status-bar
- GUI Bugfix: fix the bug that the disk available space is displayed error in BT task properties dialog
- GUI Bugfix: fix the bug that the default TCP half-open number setting is too small in Windows2003
- Core Improved: add specific task upload/download speed limit function
- Core Bugfix: fix the bug of high CPU usage when enable upload/download speed limit