Audacity is a free, easy-to-use audio editor and recorder for Windows, Mac OS X, GNU/Linux and other operating systems. You can use Audacity to:
- Record live audio.
- Convert tapes and records into digital recordings or CDs.
- Edit Ogg Vorbis, MP3, WAV or AIFF sound files.
- Cut, copy, splice or mix sounds together.
- Change the speed or pitch of a recording.
- Add new effects with LADSPA plug-ins.
- And more!
- New option ‘Spectral Reassignment’. This algorithm deduces a ‘finer’ spectrogram for vocal work.
- Improvements to Pitch (EAC) – cleaner (sharper) display.
- Spectrogram Settings are now available per-track.