Adobe Air 188.8.131.5220
The Adobe® AIR, runtime enables you to have your favorite web applications with you all the time. Since applications built for Adobe AIR run on your desktop computer without a web browser, they provide all the convenience of a desktop application.
Companies like eBay and AOL are using Adobe AIR to create exciting new applications that allow you to use their services on your desktop.
In short, Adobe AIR means applications that are easier, more powerful, and more fun to use.
Be safe on the web: Adobe AIR helps ensure safe installations by requiring digital signatures on each AIR application that identify the application and its creator before you install.
# New features for mobile applications iOS Support
* iOS support: 4.0 and above
* iOS Hardware Support:
- iPod Touch 3rd gen and iPod Touch 4th gen
- iPhone 3GS and iPhone 4
* Changes from PFI to ADT for packaging iOS applications
* iOS applications built with the "Packager for iPhone" cannot be updated with AIR 2.6
* GPU rendering changes for iOS
* Multitasking support for iOS
* Microphone for iOS
* Read from camera roll for iOS
* CameraUI for iOS
* Camera for iOS
* Retina display support in the AIR for iOS
* StageWebView for iOS
* Capture bitmap of StageWebView
* Programmatic control of soft keyboard
* Disable automatic panning and resizing behavior on the display of a soft keyboard
* Android USB drivers for Windows are bundled with AIR SDK for Windows
* USB device debugging for Android
* Text field interaction mode on Android
* Alternate Android market URLs
# Other new features
* Owned NativeWindow for desktop
* Native Menu event refinement for desktop
* Image decoding policy
* LoaderContext parent and parameters
* Linux vector printing
* New -version option added to ADT
* Native mouse cursors
Following changes have been made to Screen Orientation APIs
* supportedOrientations property is added to stage.
* existing autoOrients property is writable now.
* setOrientation method is restored, this method was marked as deprecated in AIR 2.5.
* orientation property is restored, this property was marked as deprecated in AIR 2.5.
* ORIENTATION_CHANGING event is restored, this event was marked as deprecated in AIR 2.5.