AbiWord 2.7.10 Beta
AbiWord is a free word processing program similar to Microsoft® Word. It is suitable for a wide variety of word processing tasks.
Enjoy your favorite Word Processor on the operating system you like to use - be it Windows, Linux, QNX, FreeBSD or Solaris.
AbiWord is able to read and write all industry standard document types, such as OpenOffice.org documents, Microsoft Word documents, WordPerfect documents, Rich Text Format documents, HTML web pages and many more.
Advanced Document Layout
Give your document that professional, scientific or fun-to-read look using AbiWord's advanced document layout options. Use tables, bullets, lists, images, footnotes, endnotes and styles to enhance the way your document looks.
AbiWord comes in many different languages. AbiWord is available in most common and many not-so-common languages. Dictionaries exist for over 30 languages.
- Bug 12321: Annotation hover box too large (Martin Sevior)
- Allow empty titles, authors or descriptions in annotations (Marc Maurer)
- Bug 12322: Jump to annotation is broken (Martin Sevior)
- Bug 12324: Scrolling from page to page does not work using multipage (Martin Sevior)
- Bug 12150: Implement the annotations preview dialog (Marc Maurer)
Office Open XML (docx):
- Extended document validity checking (Firat Kiyak)
- Add a Basque translation to the Windows installer (Mikel Pascual)
- Don't expand all items in the Open Shared Documents dialog when reopening it (Marc Maurer)
- Re-enable the code that checks for AbiCollab protocol incompatibilities (Marc Maurer)
- Bug 12317: Can't edit collaboratively added equation. Warning: this bumps the AbiCollab protocol version, making it incompatible with previous 2.7.x releases. (Marc Maurer)
- Bug 12294: Don't overwrite read only access control (Marc Maurer)
- Bug 12308: Fix memory leak in Open Shared Documents dialogs (Marc Maurer)
- Fix memory leak in Share dialog on Windows (Marc Maurer)
- Bug 12323: Save As dialog gives an error (Marc Maurer)
- Don't silently ignore the request to open an already opened shared document. Instead, raise the frame which has the document already in it (Marc Maurer)
- Bug 12264: Crash when disconnecting TCP client account (Marc Maurer)
- Fix hang on exit on Windows when having 1 TCP server account (Marc Maurer)
- Bug 12326: Memory error when deleting TCP client account (Marc Oude Kotte)