Zoom Player Home  12.1.0
- Kinetic scrolling has been rewritten from scratch, it should now be a lot more responsive and accurate, especially when used on lower-end PCs and Tablets.
- The kinetic acceleration/deceleration speed settings have also been tweaked and are now more reasonable.
- Zoom Player FREE now provides a trial period for using most of Zoom Player MAX's features (e.g. fullscreen navigation interfaces, play history, audio visualizations, playback scheduler and more!).
- You can now assign custom functions to XInput (e.g. XBOX controller) left and right thumb stick clicks. By default the left and right thumb clicks do nothing.
- The two left media library mini-menu entries are now fully customizable.
- Three new functions added to the media library mini-menu:
* Add to playlist
* Open the function menu
* Play / Enter
- Changing some of the setting on the media library category editor's "Category Configuration" dialog now prompts you to flag the content of the category for re-scraping.
- New media library category setting to completely disable the category from scraping for metadata.
- The "Re-scraping" media library function page has been renamed "Scraping" and contains a new setting to flag selected files and folders not to be scraped.
- New Setting (Adv. Options / System), allowing you to choose the Zoom Player task bar icon (either current, version 11 or old school icon).
- New Setting (Adv. Options / Interface / Playlist) to automatically show the playlist editor when exiting fullscreen mode.
- New Setting (Adv. Options / Control Bar) to disable seeking when using the mouse wheel over the control bar (and use the default mouse-wheel functionality instead).
- Three new extended functions:
* exSeekAheadPercent : Seek Ahead (percent of duration)
* exSeekBackPercent : Seek Back (percent of duration)
* exSeekToPercent : Seek To (percent of duration)
- The fullscreen navigation scrollbar source image can now be any resolution, adding skinning support for sharp 4K resolution scroll bars.
- The control bar's fixed position close and volume slider buttons have received mouse-hover visual cues.
- The notification to upgrade an old license is no longer shown every time Zoom Player is launched. It will show up every few days instead.
- When notified of a new version release, a special message will now show up to notify you that your current license may be too old to use with the new version.
- Clicking/Touching an unselected thumbnail in the media library now selects the thumbnail and displays any related meta-data instead of automatically starting playback.
- You can now use the mouse wheel to scroll through the entirety of the media library's fullscreen navigation mini-menu.
- Mouse wheel scrolling in the media library now scrolls the list instead of scrolling by changing the active thumbnail.
- The playlist editor and equalizer dialogs now restore automatically after exiting fullscreen exclusive mode when MadVR is used as the video renderer.
- The media scraping error list is now auto-saved more often to prevent system failures from losing information.
- Content images used in Zoom Player FREE now come in full 1080p HD resolution (Zoom Player MAX already included the higher resolution images).
- Some sections of the options dialog now more clearly turn to a "disabled" state when a parent setting that enables the functionality is turned off.
- The XInput advanced options dialog section has been restructured.
- Pressing Smart Play's "Auto Configure" button on the basic options dialog would trigger a crash under some conditions.
- Fixed a "Cannot focus a disabled or invisible window" error when pressing enter on an entry in the playlist fullscreen navigation interface.
- Fixed a "List index out of bounds" error that triggered by bad audio visualization configuration.
- Clicking the media library's thumb area did not always play the clicked thumbnail (it would play the media in the thumbnail above it).
- Under some conditions, opening the media library would use a thumbnail aspect ratio from a different category.
- Dragging to scroll the media library's thumbnail area did not work in the entire thumbnail area.
- Clicking the left mouse button on a media library thumbnail and holding for a few seconds to activate the mini-menu caused the next mouse click to be ignored in some areas of the screen (like going back to the category menu).
- Fixed a small cosmetic issue with the ring tone generator dialog.
- People who have purchased the Zoom Player lifetime license were accidentally shown an upgrade notice in some cases.
- The media library bottom category-type filtering icons were accessible using the mouse even when they were not visible.
- Fixed a possible rare freeze in cases where the media library navigation dialog was opened at the exact same time one of the file tracker threads (emule/utorrent/qbittorrent) was trying to synchronize.
- Using the mouse wheel in combination with kinetic scrolling in the media library fullscreen interface would result in chaos.
- When the media library's thumb view left/right bump actions were disabled, thus allowing you to use the left/right keys to scroll through thumb rows, the scroll bar did not appear when the active thumb jumped up/down a row.
- Zoom Player should close much faster now.
- Opening the media library's function menu would wipe clean the meta-data display area.