Yahoo! Messenger 10.0.0.542 Beta
Keep friends at your fingertips with the new Yahoo! Messenger:
- Easier ways to stay up to date - See more updates from your friends in the detailed Messenger list
- Show off your status - Easily add links and emoticons to your status messages
- Watch videos together - Share videos from popular sites and watch them with friends right in your IM window
Other features include:
- Instant message with one friend, or conference in a bunch
- Send text messages (SMS) to friends' mobile phones
- Join a chat room to meet new friends while you discuss your favorite topics
- Make free PC-to-PC calls and PC-to-phone calls for as low as 1¢ a minute (plus free voicemail!)
- Use the built-in media player to watch web videos and view photos with friends
- Show your style with emoticons, Avatars, audibles and IMVironments
- Share securely with automatic file scanning for users of Norton AntiVirus or Internet Security 2007/2008
- Improvements in the webcam detection logic: If you were able to use your webcam on 9.0 or other IM programs, but not on Yahoo! Messenger 10, this fix should take care of the issue.
- Explanation for grayed-out video call button: If your video call button is grayed-out when youâ€™re IMâ€™ing with a friend, itâ€™s because theyâ€™re on an older version of Yahoo! Messenger. In order to receive your video call, they also need to upgrade to Yahoo! Messenger 10 Beta. To help reduce confusion about this, we added an inline message explaining this.
- Smoother handling of unanswered calls: When you make a call to a friend but they donâ€™t answer within 20 seconds, the call is automatically terminated. Previously there was no messaging about this, so we added one to let you know that your friend did not answer your call.
- Better explanation for downgraded video calls: In the event your internet connection can no longer support the full video call (e.g. video + voice), the conversation gets downgraded to a voice-only call. When this happens, the video picture disappears. This is the correct behavior, but we added some inline messaging so youâ€™ll know when and why itâ€™s happening.