XChat is a popular Internet Relay Chat (IRC) client. It has a choice of a tabbed document interface or tree interface, support for multiple servers and is highly configurable.
XChat is a full-featured IRC client and includes all basic functionalities that are found in most other IRC clients, including CTCP, DCC file transfers and chats.
It supports a plugin system for various languages (including C, C++, Perl, Python, Tcl, Ruby, Lua, CLISP, D, and DMDScript). By writing plugins, the features and functionality of XChat can be extended and customized.
- Overhauled the Alerts section of the settings and added support for opening system-tray balloons [not supported on Windows 98].
- Added a new command line argument:
--minimize=level :: Begin minimized. Level 0=Normal 1=Iconified 2=Tray
Example: xchat.exe --minimize=1
- SSL: Fixed a bug in communicating to servers that use the 3DES cipher.
- Improved the look of the slider-bars for transparency settings.
- Vista: Changed the default DCC download folder to the one already created by Vista (e.g. C:\Users\YourName\Downloads).