XChat is a popular Internet Relay Chat (IRC) client. It has a choice of a tabbed document interface or tree interface, support for multiple servers and is highly configurable.
XChat is a full-featured IRC client and includes all basic functionalities that are found in most other IRC clients, including CTCP, DCC file transfers and chats.
It supports a plugin system for various languages (including C, C++, Perl, Python, Tcl, Ruby, Lua, CLISP, D, and DMDScript). By writing plugins, the features and functionality of XChat can be extended and customized.
* You can now optionally install OpenSSL libraries, if you prefer to use them instead of Window's own SChannel library.
* Fixed a crash if you changed the channel-switcher to Hidden and then back to Top/Bottom.
* Fixed a crash if you left the font-dialog open after closing the setup window.
* Dropped support for Windows 98/ME. XChat now requires at least Windows 2000. This allowed some code simplification, and makes future development easier.
* Added a simple "Check for updates" in the Help menu.