XChat is a popular Internet Relay Chat (IRC) client. It has a choice of a tabbed document interface or tree interface, support for multiple servers and is highly configurable.
XChat is a full-featured IRC client and includes all basic functionalities that are found in most other IRC clients, including CTCP, DCC file transfers and chats.
It supports a plugin system for various languages (including C, C++, Perl, Python, Tcl, Ruby, Lua, CLISP, D, and DMDScript). By writing plugins, the features and functionality of XChat can be extended and customized.
- Fixed opening a irc:// URL while "Skip serverlist on startup" is off.
- Fixed the tree layout "flashing" (redrawing slowly) after you
switched to tabs and back to tree.
- You can now mark and copy timestamps if you hold down SHIFT.
- Fixed a conflict with a program called UEStudio, which could lead to
crashes when UEStudio installed a buggy spelling library.
- Added Unicode filename support for drag&drop to dialog windows and
- Improved the Socks5 error reporting, instead of just printing the
infamous "Proxy traversal failed".