XChat is a popular Internet Relay Chat (IRC) client. It has a choice of a tabbed document interface or tree interface, support for multiple servers and is highly configurable.
XChat is a full-featured IRC client and includes all basic functionalities that are found in most other IRC clients, including CTCP, DCC file transfers and chats.
It supports a plugin system for various languages (including C, C++, Perl, Python, Tcl, Ruby, Lua, CLISP, D, and DMDScript). By writing plugins, the features and functionality of XChat can be extended and customized.
- When called with --help or -?, the command line options are now displayed
even in DOS.
- Special-cased BRASnet for nickserv.
- Plugin Interface:
- Added fields: lag, queue to the "channels" list.
- Added fields: sizehigh to the "dcc" list.
- Added fields: networks to the "notify" list.
- Added /GETFILE command, to open a file dialog.
- Command hooks that start with a period ('.') will now be hidden from /HELP
and /HELP -l.
- Fixed:  quitting via tabs behaves bad on bncs.
- Fixed:  treeview problem: closing tabs by holding shift and
- "Clear" button in Ban List window now has a 'Are you sure?' dialog for
- The notify list can now contain entries specific to only one or more IRC
- Userlist popup menu and buttons: added %e for 'current network name'.
- Added option: 'Flash taskbar on any private messages'.
- Added a new encoding choice: "IRC (Latin-1/UTF-8 hybrid)".
How it works is described at: http://forum.xchat.org/viewtopic.php?t=3180
- Improved the identd server to handle multiple connections when you auto-
connect to a lot of networks at once.
- The Python plugin now uses the latest Python 2.5.
- The Move File function now uses a thread so it doesn't hold up XChat while
moving (this is for the "Move completed files to:" DCC feature).