Wireshark is the world's foremost network protocol analyzer, and is the de facto standard across many industries and educational institutions.
- Deep inspection of hundreds of protocols, with more being added all the time
- Live capture and offline analysis
- Standard three-pane packet browser
- Multi-platform: Runs on Windows, Linux, OS X, Solaris, FreeBSD, NetBSD, and many others
- Captured network data can be browsed via a GUI, or via the TTY-mode TShark utility
- The most powerful display filters in the industry
- Rich VoIP analysis
- Read/write many different capture file formats
- Capture files compressed with gzip can be decompressed on the fly
- Live data can be read from Ethernet, IEEE 802.11, PPP/HDLC, ATM, Bluetooth, USB, Token Ring, Frame Relay, FDDI, and others (depending on your platfrom)
- Decryption support for many protocols, including IPsec, ISAKMP, Kerberos, SNMPv3, SSL/TLS, WEP, and WPA/WPA2
- Coloring rules can be applied to the packet list for quick, intuitive analysis
- Output can be exported to XML, PostScript®, CSV, or plain text
# The following bugs have been fixed:
* AIM dissector has some endian issues.
* Telephony?MTP3?MSUS doesn't display window.
* Support for MS NetMon 3.x traces containing raw IPv6 ("Type 7") packets.
* Service Indicator in M3UA protocol data.
* IEC60870-5-104 protocol, incorrect decoding of timestamp type CP56Time2a.
* DNP3 dissector incorrect constants AL_OBJ_FCTR_16NF _FDCTR_32NF _FDCTR_16NF.
* 3GPP QoS: Traffic class is not decoded properly.
* Wireshark crashes when creating ProtoField.framenum in Lua.
* Fix a wrong mask to extract FMID from DECT packets dissector.
* Incorrect DHCPv6 remote identifier option parsing.
# Updated Protocol Support
* DICOM, IEC104, M3UA, TCP
# New and Updated Capture File Support
* Network Monitor.