WinSCP is an open source free SFTP client and FTP client for Windows. Legacy SCP protocol is also supported. Its main function is safe copying of files between a local and a remote computer.
- Graphical user interface
- Translated into several languages
- Integration with Windows (drag&drop, URL, shortcut icons)
- U3 support
- All common operations with files
- Support for SFTP and SCP protocols over SSH-1 and SSH-2 and plain old FTP protocol
- Batch file scripting and command-line interface
- Directory synchronization in several semi or fully automatic ways
- Integrated text editor
- Support for SSH password, keyboard-interactive, public key and Kerberos (GSS) authentication
- Integrates with Pageant (PuTTY authentication agent) for full support of public key authentication with SSH
- Explorer and Commander interfaces
- Optionally stores session information
- Optionally supports portable operation using a configuration file in place of registry entries, suitable for operation from removable media
Output from console interface tool is no longer buffered. 281
System error message is shown when FTP connection is refused.
Transfer mode and resume support status are no longer shown on progress window.
Internal editor is opened faster. 312
It is possible to reference session in folder from command line and script. 300
Session name can contain special characters like /. 305
In scripting on session start local working directory is set to the one saved in stored session. 303
Bug fix: Wrapping of long files were not applied to newly opened internal editors. 287
Bug fix: Alias to directory listing command was not cleared (SCP only). 285
Bug fix: Failure when creating directory with SFTP. 307
Bug fix: â€œList index out of bounds (-1)â€ error on startup with Explorer interface and Show full path on address bar option disabled. 294
Bug fix: Transfer progress indication was not completed with FTP protocol. 278
Bug fix: Paste in an internal editor lost final new line. 277
Bug fix: Dialogs opened from Preferences dialog opened from internal editor are properly placed over them. 282
Bug fix: Failure when dragging item in editor list.
Bug fix: Internal editor status bar was not updated after reload.
Bug fix: WinSCP closed without warning even when internal editor with modified local file was opened.
Bug fix: Changes to internal editor configuration were not applied to opened editors with local files.
Bug fix: Random pieces of log were duplicated in log window. 310
Bug fix: Log window was not updated while connecting.
Bug fix: Some administrative restrictions were not being applied. 315