WinSCP is an open source free SFTP client and FTP client for Windows. Legacy SCP protocol is also supported. Its main function is safe copying of files between a local and a remote computer.
- Graphical user interface
- Translated into several languages
- Integration with Windows (drag&drop, URL, shortcut icons)
- U3 support
- All common operations with files
- Support for SFTP and SCP protocols over SSH-1 and SSH-2 and plain old FTP protocol
- Batch file scripting and command-line interface
- Directory synchronization in several semi or fully automatic ways
- Integrated text editor
- Support for SSH password, keyboard-interactive, public key and Kerberos (GSS) authentication
- Integrates with Pageant (PuTTY authentication agent) for full support of public key authentication with SSH
- Explorer and Commander interfaces
- Optionally stores session information
- Optionally supports portable operation using a configuration file in place of registry entries, suitable for operation from removable media
- Masking out password in open command in logs.
- Location of XML log file can be configured in .NET assembly.
- Bug fix: Several flaws in file mask validation on Edit mask dialog.
- Bug fix: Selecting and filtering files using exclude mask only was not working.
- Bug fix: Failure to open session in scripting from command line was not reported in exit code.
- Bug fix: Session settings TunnelHostKey was not working.
- Bug fix: Path word-breaking was not working on most dialogs.
- Bug fix: Timeout while waiting for user to enter password with FTP protocol.
- Bug fix: Newly created local directory is not opened with synchronized browsing.
- Bug fix: Cannot change local folder anymore after system-wide change, when local tree is hidden.
- Bug fix: Failure in Session.Open on x64 systems.
- Bug fix: Failure when starting as user without desktop.