WinSCP is an open source free SFTP client and FTP client for Windows. Legacy SCP protocol is also supported. Its main function is safe copying of files between a local and a remote computer.
- Graphical user interface
- Translated into several languages
- Integration with Windows (drag&drop, URL, shortcut icons)
- U3 support
- All common operations with files
- Support for SFTP and SCP protocols over SSH-1 and SSH-2 and plain old FTP protocol
- Batch file scripting and command-line interface
- Directory synchronization in several semi or fully automatic ways
- Integrated text editor
- Support for SSH password, keyboard-interactive, public key and Kerberos (GSS) authentication
- Integrates with Pageant (PuTTY authentication agent) for full support of public key authentication with SSH
- Explorer and Commander interfaces
- Optionally stores session information
- Optionally supports portable operation using a configuration file in place of registry entries, suitable for operation from removable media
* Bug fix: “Chokes on SSH-2 ignore messages” SSH bug was always on.
* Back-propagated some improvements and fixes from 5.0.3 - 5.0.6 beta releases:
- All binaries are signed with Martin Prikryl publisher certificate.
- When script is aborted by the user, error exit code is used.
- Connect timeout is configurable.
- When renaming a folder within file panel, whole filename (including an extension) is always selected.
- In-application license text updated to GPLv3.
- Change: In mouse-only Explorer-style selection mode, single-file implicit mouse-selection is not preserved, when focus/selection is subsequently changed using keyboard.
- SSH core upgraded to PuTTY 0.62. It brings following changes:
> Security fix: WinSCP no longer retains passwords in memory by mistake. password-not-wiped
> Bug fix: Spurious “Access denied” printed in the authentication window after GSSAPI failure. gssapi-access-denied
> Bug fix: 0.61-style Pageant did not work with 0.60-style WinSCP. pageant-backwards-compatibility
- Bug fix: Fixed parsing owner/group with modified ID on Properties dialog.
- Bug fix: When switching between session and shared bookmarks, path was not updated on the Open directory dialog.
- Bug fix: Internal “Operation aborted” errors were not suppressed for background transfers.
- Bug fix: Path label was not resized with larger shell font size.
- Bug fix: Default permissions for new remote directory did not include Execute right.
- Bug fix: Duplicate reconnect prompt when connection is lost, while transferring file in subdirectory.
- Bug fix: Error was signaled from script when connection stalled even when it was reconnected.
- Bug fix: Failure to locate GetUserNameEx.
- Bug fix: Records of files transferred within subdirectory were written at once, not continuously, in XML logging.
- Bug fix: In mouse-only Explorer-style selection mode, selection was not cleared after clicking outside of selection, after focus/selection was previously changed using keyboard.
- Bug fix: Session name was not preserved when duplicating session into a new window.
- Bug fix: Installer was not removing translations of previous versions on Windows 7.
* OpenCandy advertising module reintroduced to the installer. There’s also ad-free alternative installer available.