WinSCP is an open source free SFTP client and FTP client for Windows. Legacy SCP protocol is also supported. Its main function is safe copying of files between a local and a remote computer.
- Graphical user interface
- Translated into several languages
- Integration with Windows (drag&drop, URL, shortcut icons)
- U3 support
- All common operations with files
- Support for SFTP and SCP protocols over SSH-1 and SSH-2 and plain old FTP protocol
- Batch file scripting and command-line interface
- Directory synchronization in several semi or fully automatic ways
- Integrated text editor
- Support for SSH password, keyboard-interactive, public key and Kerberos (GSS) authentication
- Integrates with Pageant (PuTTY authentication agent) for full support of public key authentication with SSH
- Explorer and Commander interfaces
- Optionally stores session information
- Optionally supports portable operation using a configuration file in place of registry entries, suitable for operation from removable media
- Translation completed: Portuguese.
- Allowed setting debug logging level to 2 in .NET assembly.
- TLS/SSL core upgraded to OpenSSL 1.0.2k.
- All id_* files are included in private key files filter.
- Bug fix: Cannot use unencrypted client certificate file (.pfx/.p12 format).
- Bug fix: Installer started by unprivileged user shows warning about an incomplete translation again after elevation to administrator privileges.
- Bug fix: Installation fails when started by a non-privileged user on a system, where elevating to administrator privileges is disabled.
- Bug fix: Colored session icon does not display on high DPI.
- Bug fix: WinSCP .NET assembly fails when finding WinSCP executable in its installation folder.
- Bug fix: Moving Login dialog moves main window disproportionally on some systems.
- Bug fix: Remembered password is not used for reconnects.
- Bug fix: Keep local directory up to date extension failed, when local directory was initially empty and Delete files option was enabled.
- Bug fix: Wrong message when setting TransferOptions.OverwriteMode property to an invalid value.
- Bug fix: Panel loses focus after a transfer initiated using Enter key or double-click.
- Bug fix: Failure when using Generate Code command on Upload dialog opened by /upload command-line parameter.
- Bug fix: Some multibyte ANSI-encoded files are incorrectly loaded into an Internal editor.