WinSCP is an open source free SFTP client and FTP client for Windows. Legacy SCP protocol is also supported. Its main function is safe copying of files between a local and a remote computer.
- Graphical user interface
- Translated into several languages
- Integration with Windows (drag&drop, URL, shortcut icons)
- U3 support
- All common operations with files
- Support for SFTP and SCP protocols over SSH-1 and SSH-2 and plain old FTP protocol
- Batch file scripting and command-line interface
- Directory synchronization in several semi or fully automatic ways
- Integrated text editor
- Support for SSH password, keyboard-interactive, public key and Kerberos (GSS) authentication
- Integrates with Pageant (PuTTY authentication agent) for full support of public key authentication with SSH
- Explorer and Commander interfaces
- Optionally stores session information
- Optionally supports portable operation using a configuration file in place of registry entries, suitable for operation from removable media
* Translation completed: Croatian.
* Support for non-ASCII passphrases to client certificate files (.pfx/.p12 format).
* TLS/SSL core upgraded to OpenSSL 1.0.2j.
* Improvements to custom commands/extensions:
- New official extensions “Generate HTTP URL” and “Batch Rename”.
- The official extensions are compatible with PowerShell 2.0.
- The official extension “Find Duplicates” re-implemented using the Session.EnumerateRemoteFiles and the RemoteFileInfo.FullName.
- Site-specific extension options.
- Increased length limit for custom command and console.
- Allowing tabs in addition to spaces in extension file.
- Specific error messages about extensions are presented without irrelevant HTTP status code.
- Bug fix: Tab order on extension options dialog was broken, if the extension mixed options in and out of group box.
- Progress windows can be controlled using keyboard again.
- Scaling combo box drop down menu.
- Change: Not updating last access time of uploaded files with SFTP protocol to avoid problems with servers that do not support it.
- Bug fix: Failure when moving Download and Delete operation to background.
- Bug fix: Found folders were focusing incorrectly.
- Bug fix: Command-line toolbar command can be executed while another command was executing already.
- Bug fix: Wrong layout of Login dialog on monitors with low vertical resolution.
- Bug fix: Session instance could not be reused for multiple ScanFingerprint calls.
- Bug fix: Custom commands submenu with the other custom command type was not disabled when there was no such custom command.
- Bug fix: It was possible to load again the first extension in an extension folder.
- Bug fix: Failure when logging fails for background session or during log in.
- Bug fix: Failure when pressing Calculate button on Properties dialog, while another calculation is already in progress.