WinSCP is an open source free SFTP client and FTP client for Windows. Legacy SCP protocol is also supported. Its main function is safe copying of files between a local and a remote computer.
- Graphical user interface
- Translated into several languages
- Integration with Windows (drag&drop, URL, shortcut icons)
- U3 support
- All common operations with files
- Support for SFTP and SCP protocols over SSH-1 and SSH-2 and plain old FTP protocol
- Batch file scripting and command-line interface
- Directory synchronization in several semi or fully automatic ways
- Integrated text editor
- Support for SSH password, keyboard-interactive, public key and Kerberos (GSS) authentication
- Integrates with Pageant (PuTTY authentication agent) for full support of public key authentication with SSH
- Explorer and Commander interfaces
- Optionally stores session information
- Optionally supports portable operation using a configuration file in place of registry entries, suitable for operation from removable media
- Translations completed: Brazilian Portuguese, Finnish, Kabyle and Ukrainian.
- Moving main window with Login dialog.
- Expanding patterns in default value of extension options.
- Paste command in panels context menu.
- When upgrading the drag&drop shell extension, silently postpone replacement until the next system restart, unless the new extension is incompatible.
- XML parser upgraded to Expat 2.2.0.
- Not showing password in full open command syntax suggestion.
- Using !P pattern in PuTTY command implies that password should be remembered.
- Not importing the Disable Nagle’s algorithm (TCP_NODELAY option) from PuTTY as it has a different default due to its interactive nature.
- More detailed error message when fatal error (such as inability to write an XML log file) occurs while .NET assembly is starting winscp.exe.
- Skip loading icons from .exe (and similar) files when it takes too long.
- Bug fix: Long (or multiline) authentication prompts are truncated.
- Bug fix: Failure during WebDAV SSPI authentication.
- Bug fix: Directory listing lacks attributes on MVS systems.
- Bug fix: It was possible to set site name empty.
- Bug fix: Error opening data connection over proxy server when the server supports EPSV command.
- Bug fix: Ad-hoc and Last custom commands were always executed for selected files, even when executed from a context menu of a focused file.
- Bug fix: Custom command patterns were replaced in values of extension options.
- Bug fix: Downloads by drag&drop were randomly defaulted to background queue.