WinSCP is an open source free SFTP client and FTP client for Windows. Legacy SCP protocol is also supported. Its main function is safe copying of files between a local and a remote computer.
- Graphical user interface
- Translated into several languages
- Integration with Windows (drag&drop, URL, shortcut icons)
- U3 support
- All common operations with files
- Support for SFTP and SCP protocols over SSH-1 and SSH-2 and plain old FTP protocol
- Batch file scripting and command-line interface
- Directory synchronization in several semi or fully automatic ways
- Integrated text editor
- Support for SSH password, keyboard-interactive, public key and Kerberos (GSS) authentication
- Integrates with Pageant (PuTTY authentication agent) for full support of public key authentication with SSH
- Explorer and Commander interfaces
- Optionally stores session information
- Optionally supports portable operation using a configuration file in place of registry entries, suitable for operation from removable media
* TLS/SSL core upgraded to OpenSSL 1.0.1g. It fixes CVE-2014-0160 vulnerability among other.
* Auto-recognition of RSA padding bug for ProFTPD.
* On Windows XP, Save As button replaced with Save when editing site.
* Improvements for running under Wine:
- Using Wine home (Z:\home\%USERNAME%\) as documents folder.
- Hiding stub animation on Progress window on Wine.
- Workaround for list view bug in Wine.
* Alternate delete on Shift-Click on Delete command in file context menu.
* Bug fix: Directory reading progress is not shown on taskbar button.
* Bug fix: Hint was popping up on file panel path label even when full path was visible whenever filter was active.
* Bug fix: Site colors were lost on Login dialog after language change.
* Bug fix: New site data were not reset after saving.
* Bug fix: Server hostname is not verified against certificate common name (or subject alternative name).
* Bug fix: Help page was not defined for Panels > Local page of Preferences dialog.