WinRAR 5.00 Beta 8
WinRAR is an archiving utility that completely supports RAR and ZIP archives and is able to unpack CAB, ARJ, LZH, TAR, GZ, ACE, UUE, BZ2, JAR, ISO, 7Z, Z archives. It consistently makes smaller archives than the competition, saving disk space and transmission costs.
WinRAR offers a graphic interactive interface utilizing mouse and menus as well as the command line interface. WinRAR is easier to use than many other archivers with the inclusion of a special "Wizard" mode which allows instant access to the basic archiving functions through a simple question and answer procedure.
WinRAR offers you the benefit of industry strength archive encryption using AES (Advanced Encryption Standard) with a key of 128 bits. It supports files and archives up to 8,589 billion gigabytes in size. It also offers the ability to create selfextracting and multivolume archives. With recovery record and recovery volumes, you can reconstruct even physically damaged archives.
* WinRAR treats files with .txz extension as .tar.xz archives.
* If 7-Zip archive extraction is cancelled, WinRAR deletes the incompletely extracted file. Previous versions did not delete it.
* Bugs fixed:
- solid archive updating was aborted for archives contaning BLAKE2 checksums;
- folder tree panel did not allow to go to the archive root folder
- "Reuse existing window" option did not work if first WinRAR copy was browsing an archive and second WinRAR copy attempted to open another archive in another folder
- "Advanced compression parameters" dialog settings format in Registry was incompatible with WinRAR 4.20.