WinPatrol alerts you to hijackings, malware attacks and critical changes made to your computer without your permission. As a multipurpose support utility, WinPatrol replaces multiple system utilities with its enhanced functionality.
WinPatrol was the pioneer in using a heuristic behavioral approach to detecting attacks and violations of your computing environment. Traditional security programs scan your hard drive searching for previously identified threats. WinPatrol takes snapshots of your critical system resources and alerts you to any changes that occur without your knowledge.
You'll be removing dangerous new programs while others prepare to update their definition/signature data files.
* New "Recent" tab lets you see new programs and settings recently added to your computer. Especially helpful in finding malware that comes with multiple randomly named files
* Increased background performance and reduce conflicts with other programs.
* Compatability enhancements to work with Windows Vista and Windows 7
* Monitors and alerts to any changes to User Account Control Settings(UAC) Just like the monitoring your Auto Update settings, these are changes you'll want to know about.
* Continues to have the best performance and smallest foot print of any system monitor
* Hides individual alert messages and lock settings to prevent potential errors by other computer users.