WindowBlinds is a software utility that allows you to completely change the look and feel of Microsoft Windows.
It works by applying new visual styles, called skins, across the entire user interface (title bars, push buttons, start menu, taskbar, etc.) of the operating system. As a result, you gain complete control over the way Windows looks.
As good as someone might think Windows looks, it is a one-size fits all solution. WindowBlinds gives users thousands of new looks to choose from.
With skins, WindowBlinds can change the look of:
- Title bars
- The Start bar
- Progress animations
- Explorer Views
- and virtually every other part of Windows!
- Animation Overlays - The Start Menu now supports animation on both Windows XP and Vista
- The new Molten skin has been included with the BETA to show off this "hot" new feature.
- Blur Glass Effects - WindowBlinds now has Blur support in title bars in Windows XP (additionally on the menus on Windows Vista)
- User Created Sub-styles - Edit the system colors/fonts and save all skin changes as presets giving the user the ability to customize their skins beyond what's initially offered as a skin in the software. It gives greater user control over what the user interface will look like.
- Full Font Control - New to WB6 is enhanced font features: Users can now change the size and font style they see in menus, tabs and toolbars.
- Skinning of Explorer Backgrounds - Support for explorer background bitmaps including IE navigation arrows, IE tabs, start menu shutdown/lock buttons
- WindowBlinds now has category filtering when viewing skins to apply. Users with many skins can now filter by the category assigned to the skin (for example Holiday, OS, Computers, Sports, etc.)
- Wallpaper can now be filtered by tags (keywords) such as Light/Dark, Animals, Plants, etc.) Allowing the user to quickly find wallpaper that will match their chosen skin.
- Support for a random skin selection when applying a new skin.
- Users can now recolor a skin and save that setting on a per skin basis. (For example changing blues to reds.)
- In addition, WindowBlinds now supports "Advanced HSL Coloring". Users can choose a single color to change instead re-coloring the entire skin
- A Vista-izeTM me function which sets some defaults to have a more Vista-like look
- Explorer background bitmaps can now be included as part of the skin,
- Edit the system colors from WindowBlinds
- Change skin fonts from WindowBlinds
- Control transparency and blur on start menu, menus, taskbar & window frames. Has some limitations on XP.
- Save all skin changes as presets
- Edit a sidebar skin from within WindowBlinds
- Alter the mouse over animation speed
- Alter the default button pulsing speed
- Handle skin upgrades in an improved fashion
- Use the Aero frames with the rest of the skin