Winamp 5.36 Beta 1504
Winamp is a skinnable, multi-format media player.
Winamp supports a wide variety of contemporary and specialized music file formats, including MIDI, MOD, MPEG-1 audio layers 1 and 2, AAC, M4A, FLAC, WAV, OGG Vorbis, and Windows Media Audio. It supports gapless playback for MP3 and AAC, and Replay Gain for volume leveling across tracks. In addition, Winamp can play and import music from audio CDs, optionally with CD-Text, and can also burn music to CDs. Winamp supports playback of Windows Media Video and Nullsoft Streaming Video, as well as most of the video formats supported by Windows Media Player. 5.1 Surround sound is supported where formats and decoders allow.
Winamp supports many types of streaming media: Internet radio, Internet telelvision, XM Satellite Radio, AOL video, Singingfish content, podcasts, and RSS media feeds. It also has extendable support for portable media players, and users can access their media libraries anywhere via internet connections.
You can extend Winamp's functionality through the use of plug-ins, which are available on the Winamp site.
To find out how skins can improve your user experience, check out our guide to installing skins for Winamp.
Changelog from build 1500-1504
* New: Album Art window for Winamp Modern skin (shows cover for currently playing file)
* New: 'Get Album Art' action when rt-clicking art icons in ml view (accesses online coverart.media.aol.com database, based on amg - saves cover.jpg, if available, to containing album folder)
* Fixed: [in_cdda] Crash in prefs dialog when MusicID is disabled
* Fixed: [ml_disc & in_cdda] CD reading/playback may be buggy under OS'es other than WinXP and/or without Sonic Engine installed
* Fixed: Icon scrolling in album art view (now much smoother)
* Fixed: 'Show horiz scrollbar' action in ml doesn't hide scrollbar until after vert divider is moved (note: still a bit buggy on 3rd attempt onwards)
* Fixed: Hang when switching between ml_online and other ml views
* Fixed: Installer: tataki.dll & jpeg/gif/bmp/png.w5s missing when not installing Modern Skin support, but required by ML for album art support
* Misc: ML scrollbars now only skinned for Modern skins if Wasabi version is specified as 1.3 in skin.xml
* Misc: Tweaked Modern Skin songticker scrolling/spacing
* Misc: Reversed the album art search criteria order to: embedded, %album%.*, cover.*. folder.* (edit: hmm, not sure if this made it into this build or not, but will definitely be so in the next public beta).