What Is the FileHippo Safety Guarantee?
# Coloring for TortoiseBlame
- Instead of just coloring the changes by age/revision, TortoiseBlame can now color the lines by author so it's easier to spot who changed which lines.
# Commit only parts of a file
- When working on a task, it often happens that you find an issue with the surrounding code. Fixing that issue leads then to multiple tasks done in the same file, and therefore also to have multiple fixes/tasks done in one single commit.
- TortoiseMerge, the visual diff/merge tool that comes with TortoiseSVN has also a lot of improvements.
> Ribbon UI
> go to line
> inline diffs
> handling of UTF-32 files
# Repository Browser
- An often requested feature for the Repository Browser was to list all the repositories that are offered via the SVNListParentPath directive. This is now possible: point the repository browser to the root url and it lists all the repositories.
# Third party libraries
- Offers an easier way to do this: just right-drag the folder with the new version of the library to the version stored in your working copy, then select SVN vendor branch here from the context menu.
# Progress dialog
- The dialog that shows the progress of various operations now has a better indication of sections/grouping
- Files in UTF-16 encoding can be used as well, either as sources/templates or as target files as well.
- A new option to specify an offset for the working copy revision. This is required in case your repository is at revisions > 65535 and you want to use the revision for the version resource: the Windows version resource numbers are only 16-bit, and in this situation you can specify a negative offset so the version resource number is below that 16-bit limit.
- SubWCRev can detect unversioned files and/or folders. This is useful in case you want an error returned in your build in case you have such unversioned items in your working copy, indicating that you may have missed to add and commit those items.
# Custom properies
- If you're using custom properties, you can now configure TortoiseSVN to provide better dialogs to edit and modify them.
# Client hook scripts configurable via properties
- Can now configure the hook scripts to run via project properties.
# Compatibility concerns
- Local Client Compatibility
- Client Server Compatibility
# Enhancements to facilitate easier code reviews in Log Dialog