Mozilla Thunderbird makes e-mailing safer, faster, and easier with features such as intelligent spam filters, a built-in RSS reader, and quick search. Thunderbird was designed to prevent viruses and to stop junk mail.
Thunderbird includes tabbed e-mail, new search tools and indexing, smart folders, support for Firefox, a simplified setup wizard and robust junk protections that include phishing and spam filters.
Key Features Include:
- Tabbed email.
- An Archive feature similar to the one found in GMail.
- Lightning fast search.
- Smart folders.
Thunderbird has junk mail tools that have been updated to stay ahead of spam and features anti-phishing protection.
- Message threads can now be ignored or watched
- Emails can now be sent to IDN based email addresses
- Zoom functionality is now available in the compose window
- In the Compose window, ctrl/cmd + and ctrl/cmd - now change the zoom setting rather than the font size
- In Twitter, replying to a tweet now replies to all users, just like on the Twitter website
- Interactions in the filter list dialogs have been improved
- In Chat user nicknames are now highlighted when mentioned
- In IRC, long messages will now be sent in multiple parts instead of being cut off
- Various security fixes